Sunday, November 2, 2014

Search for Happiness 24/7 | RandomShaye

Due to some recent drama, stress, and anxiety I haven't quite been feeling my absolute best.

I would class myself as a pretty happy person, but although I am happy now, I'm not nearly as happy as I was about 2 years ago.

About 3 years ago I started going to public school vs my previously being home-schooled. Now with public school comes new friends, clubs, school work and lots of drama and stress. Although I love my friends and my school, I do feel that my positivity level has changed.

With school not being the only thing in my life that can be hectic, I find my self not always being very positive and just not as happy as I could be. Therefore I decided to do some research and get inspired to make a few changes.

Now I did a previous blog with a similar tone, that had a list of things that I was going to change, but I wasn't very successful. Therefore I decide to re-assess my goals, priorities and willingness for a, hopefully, more successful outcome.

So here are a few things that my personal experience and research proves to make one's day and mindset positive and happy.

1, Exercise
          When one exercises, endorphins are released in the brain, which is a natural happy chemical. Apart from scientifically making one happier, exercising is a great way to clear your head and get in shape.

2. Healthy Eating
         Similarly to exercise, when your body feels good physically, it also feels good mentally.

3.One Step At A Time
       Having anxiety is never a good thing. There's no point in constantly focusing on the future because you miss the present. Therefore when I start flipping out about college, I need to chill, because I'm only missing out on enjoying high school.

4, Have a Cuppa and unplug
        Now although tea has alot good antibiotics and awesome things in it, the simple action of making a cup of tea and sipping it is quite relaxing. I normally drink alot of tea, but I'm going to try to start making it more of an event. At least one cup of tea I have thoughout the day, I'm going to make then go outside put all my electronics away and enjoy. Reflect on the day and escape the nonsense that social media can create.

5. Keep Dreaming
      Although I'm trying not to stress about the future, I do think its a good idea to set goals and have dreams for yourself. Along with having these dreams, also have the mind set that everyone else's opinions don't matter, in the end it's your life.

6. Be Quiet
      Although we're are all guilty of gossiping, it really does have a big impact on our life and mood. Although it's good to talk and vent, constant gossip just creates more negative vibes in our life.

7. Sleep
      Alot of stress is caused from being overwhelmed. It is definitely easier to deal with issues and drama when your in a healthy state of being awake. And sleep is great!

8. Read or Watch a Film
       Being a part of someone else's story is a great way to think about what you want in your life. It can also be a great little escape into a beautiful romance or fantastical world.

9. Breathe
    It's a simple thing, but breathing is glorious. Taking a step back and calming down is a great way to not freak out.

10. Smile
       Having positive thoughts and making other people smile is the greatest way to have a happy life filled with positive outcomes.


So that's my list. I'm definitely going to start focusing on what I want and " practicing what I preach".

Well I hope you've enjoyed this post, but I have to go to bed now or I might just fall asleep while typing. But I hope you've enjoyed and until next time, Stay Random.

-Shaye



No comments:

Post a Comment