Sunday, September 7, 2014

21 Days of New Habits | RandomnessOfShaye


When I woke up this morning I had all the intentions to blog about school, and how so far senior year is starting to look up for me. Turns out that stepping out of my comfort zone has presented me with alot of great opportunities. Although it would make a pretty good blog post, I think it would make an even better YouTube video. Which is why I'll be recording that tomorrow afternoon.

At this point, I was pretty stoked that I had a video idea for this week, I was also bummed because I was now at a lost for a blog idea. Until I thought about school.

See in exactly one month I will have to participate in my school's Senior Ring Day Ceremony and in one month and two weeks I will be attending my senior homecoming dance.  Although these are both really exciting, I have one small problem.  Currently I am currently not feeling my absolute best on the whole "Confidence Spectrum" of things.

See, I'm currently a bit chubby in the middle. Now, before you start going on some crazy rant about "body confidence and loving who you are". CHILL. I'm not calling myself fat or saying that I hate my body, all I'm saying is I want to be a bit fitter.

Now, for the most part I try to lead a fairly healthy lifestyle. I eat decently(but I am guilty to eating a bit too much of nutella and french bread), I exercise regularly and I attempt to listen to my body when rest is needed. To be honest these things have showed positive results for my body. Just in the past month I lost five pounds, but I also feel that I could do a bit better.

I'm not looking for some crash diet to partake in before homecoming, but simply to create some new, better habits for myself. Given the fact that research says that it takes 21 days to form a habit, I should be well set before my schools formal.

Therefore here are a few small changes that I'm going to try to make everyday:

1) Stretch/ Yoga for at least 30 min. ( I am a dancer and honestly it'll not only help my performance but will prevent injury)

2) Keep track of water intake (I normally only drink water but I do feel that sometimes I drink WAY too much or WAY too little, So i'd like to regulate that)

3) Go to bed an hour earlier ( I need more beauty rest)

4) Eat more fruit&veggies, less bread ( Like most, I LOVE bread and although I LOVE fruit too, I don't think I eat nearly enough)

5) Read More ( although I love the internet I do think it's really helpful to relax without social media and just snuggle with a good book)

6) Dink more tea ( tea makes everything better)


So with these few habits, I think that by the time Homecoming rolls around I will not only be Fitter, Healthier but also Happier. And honestly just the best Me I can be. 

So with that I encourage you to try to make little changes in your day that will lead you to a better YOU!

Until next time, Stay Random

Shaye




No comments:

Post a Comment